Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ma Ingalls Day! :)

Laundry soap making day!
Bit of these and grated Fels Napthia soap
Grated soap, water and stir, stir, stir!!
Add the washing soda and Borax and stir, stir, stir!!
Add lots more hot wart and stir, stir, stir!
Put into containers. Let rest a few hours and done!!  I shake each time before pouring portion for laundry.  Costs about?  I would say 75 cents to make two- bit over one gallon containers!!
Use less per load as well so containers last a couple people about 6-9 months for 1-2 loads a week!
Not bad!!!

Now it's time for coffee and breakfast.
Thankfully?? I don't need to milk the cow, gather the eggs, and make the cheese for my breakfast! :)
Although? Would be willing to do that! :)

This suburban apt dweller will do that from my 'farm up' game instead, lol!

But, I love doing the 'farm things' that I am able to do here in my apt living!

Hugs to your day!

Blessings from me!

2 comments:

  1. The last part made me laugh. We have to water goats and chickens in this 15°F wind chill today....brrrr! I love my homemade laundry soap too. We actually make our own soap from our goat's milk, and grate that into my laundry soap. I'm trying o get my daughter to make your own detergent for her apt. too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you are using even your own soap for grating! I want to make liquid hand soaps as well! Haven't tried that as yet tho!

      Delete